Friday, September 12, 2008

Where art imitates the everyday


Cindy Gimbrone, in her blog, talked about seeing the mundane in a new light. After reading Cindy's blog, I looked around my house. What could I see in a new light? Then I saw it in the morning light. It was an object I had seen everyday for a very long time. It gave me inspiration. Here is the object.










What is it, you say? It's my dog's toy. Now, the result of my work on the torch with the toy at my side.

















I actually like the bead. I think I'll call it Carousel.
Now, I'm off to find more things that I can see in a new light. I never would have thought of the dog toy for inspiration if it wern't for Cindy. Thank you, Cindy!

4 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

How cute! I love the brights and the multi layers. Did Spike try to play with it yet?

rosebud101 said...

Spike would swallow the bead in one gulp. The toy is actually much bigger than the bead. He likes the toy b/c it squeaks! The bead doesn't.

Deb said...

This is fabulous Mallory! I love it!!
I do so need a dog - & I'm not just talking about for inspiration from every day things ....;o)

Unknown said...

What a great object for inspiration! It made a lovely bead. Thanks for reading my blog and taking up the challenge! You did a great job :-)

Cindy