Sunday, August 31, 2008

Two Great Men of History in the Same Time Plane




Throughout our country's history, we have been blessed with many great leaders! Among those, but not living at the same time, were George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Each man was charged in his time with some of the greatest challenges our country has faced. George Washington lead our newly formed country as Commander and Chief and as our first President. Abraham Lincoln lead our country through a time of great division in the Civil War as our President and Commander in Chief. Today, at Civic Fest, I saw both of these men, together in an unprecedented reunion of greatness. Both George Washington and Abe Lincoln walked the halls of Civic Fest together telling their stories. I asked President Lincoln how tall he was. He replied, "It isn't a man's height that makes him a man, it is his honor that makes him a man." I believe in real life, he was 6'4" tall.




















George Washington was soft spoken but carried himself with the grace and dignity of a man who lead a newly formed country into freedom.













Although, they took off their hats to me, I salute them both, and I take off my hat to them! As a country, we were truly blessed to have been lead by these men.

4 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Lucky you, seeing both of them :) I like that they remembered to tip their hats to the ladies.
For some reason, today James and Kate were debating which of these two was the best president. I'm not sure, but I think Abe won, mostly due to "no one wants rich people to make them a slave!" It was an interesting conversation for an eavesdropping mom :)

rosebud101 said...

Ang, What an interesting conversation is right! I am very impressed that your children would discuss this issue! Wow!

Linda said...

Abe Lincoln looks very Abe like. Looks like you had a fun and interesting time!!

Rita'z R-tistic Ramblez said...

What a great time you must have had!! What I want to know is where was Spike hanging out while you were out on the town?? I think you not only worked hard at the convention, but saw some awesome stuff!!!