Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Time to Bring the Beads Back to this Blog


There is a challenge happening on the Wet Canvas Forums in the glass section. The challenge is to make one or more beads with 100 dots or more. Hmmmmmm, I thought. Can this be done? Sundaisy, the person who started the challenge, said that it was all right to stack the dots. So, I thought, maybe it's possible. I made my first bead today. I counted dots as I worked. My total was 100. At that point, I stopped and put the bead into the kiln to soak. After the bead cooled, I cleaned it and counted the dots. The total was 92! I really miscounted. If there is a set of stacked dots in there somewhere that I didn't see, I guess it won't count. Oh, well. I really like the bead. I used my "shorts" to make it. I call it a Fragile Start to Autumn. As far as the 100 dots go, tomorrow is another day!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Pretty cool bead! Lots of patience obviously! :)

Sharon Driscoll said...

Yikes Mallory! A hundred dots? Let's see, how do I count the ways that would might make me blind? Good challenge though.

angelinabeadalina said...

Wowzers, how did you even keep count as well as you did while torching? That is amazing!