Saturday, June 28, 2008

Today is a Rainy Day


I love rainy days. Being a native of New Mexico, I learned to love the rain at an early age. Rain was rare in those days. We could actually see a storm coming. You could smell the rain coming. You could even watch a storm from a distance. It was absolutely awesome! Even though I lie in the midwest now, where rain is much more frequent, I still love and thrive on a rainy day. I want to embrace the rain. I want to touch it. I want to feel it on my face. I want to hear it as it splashes on the windows. I want to smell it as it hits the ground. I want to watch the tree leaves bounce as the rain pelts down from the sky. In my mind, there is nothing like it. I simply love the rain! Can you see the rain in this photo? I wish you could, then you would understand my feelings! Love it! Love it! Love it!

No comments: