Friday, June 13, 2008

Michelle Marie Lusk - Caliente Art Glass


I had seen Michelle's work on Lampworketc. forums in the Gallery section. The first thing I noticed was her signature: If you have boobies, you need beads. I loved her signature, and became a fan of her work immediately. Michelle makes wonderful hollow beads, skulls and hearts. Please check out her website http://www.calienteglass.com. She is an amazing and talented artist! She is also a wild and crazy woman! (In the photo, I am the one who looks wild and crazy.) Her sense of humor attracts you to Michelle. Notice the rubber chicken that accompanies her on her travels. She is ready to laugh and enjoy life and the people she meets along the way. Michelle is also another artist who is very generous in the information she is willing to pass along about the art of glass bead making. Take a look at her beads! Enjoy them! By looking at them you can almost feel the textures. I love her skulls, and I now am the owner of a wonderful skull bead made by Michelle. In a later blog, I hope to show the beads and bought from these wonderful artists at the Bead and Button Show. I only wish that I could have afforded to buy from everyone there. Wow! Keep making those beads, Michelle. I want to own more!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Uh... she makes boobie beads, too, doesn't she?? LOL! Yep...FABULOUS ones! It was fun to meet Michelle & see her fantastic beads in person...

Deb said...

Another wonderful photo Mallory. This kind of thing makes it all so real to me - easier to live vicariously through your travels! Wonderful to see Michelle a bit bigger than her LE 'boobiebeads' avatar ....& yep to what you said about her sig line "If you have boobies, you need beads" - it was one of the first things I noticed too!